Using hashtags strategically and consistently can increase your online presence or that of your business, event or cause. Here are four of our favourite #hashtag Twitter statistics that highlight why hashtags are essential for creating and tracking online presence:
- Tweets with hashtags get double the engagement
- 78% brand engagement that are retweets
- 22% brand engagement that are replies
- 92% brand engagement that are link clicks
Additional hashtag benefits include:
- Gaining More Followers
- Although hashtags are a great way to gain a lot of followers fast, they must be managed to keep conversations relevant and on topic
- Improve Reputation
- If you have a history of managing trending topics, it encourages users to follow you and your future online conversations and builds your reputation
- Get Information
- A good hashtag will help you find related conversations and potential followers. You can also track online impact through hashtags
You can also use hashtags for other unique and exciting online marketing campaigns:
Remember that hashtags are only useful if people want to use them. We recommend using concise hashtags that are short, conversational and unique. For example, #GoodHashtag instead of #HashtagsThatAreThisLong.
So how do you know if hashtags are performing well? Ask yourself the following questions:
- How many people are reposting posts on that particular hashtag?
- How many people are following the conversation and participating?
- If your post contains a link, how many people are clicking on it?
- How many times does this hashtag occur?
If you are looking for additional methods to track hashtags there are many options that will report demographics, multiplatform usage and positive vs. negative usage over a number of different time periods. You can use a simple search engine or actual responses, but you can also use hashtag apps or social analytical tools.
Whitehead Agency Group is a leading healthcare marketing agency with over 25 years of specialized health and wellness experience. Start profiting from the new age of consumer-driven healthcare with marketing that clicks. Contact us today at (416) 365-6884 or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a complimentary, no-obligation review of your current local SEO, digital and overall marketing strategy.